Recipe by Fage Total Greek Yogurt
FAGE Total Greek Yogurt is the secret ingredient to creating a cream sauce with fewer calories and rich, unfolding taste.
- 1⁄2 cup FAGE Total 2%
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 2 cups beef broth or 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika, plus more for garnish
- 4 gherkins, finely diced
- 1⁄2 lb noodles, cooked and drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus more for garnish
- 12 ounces button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (8 ounce) filet mignon steaks
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large high sided sauté pan over high heat until it begins to shimmer. Season the steaks with salt and pepper on both sides and cook until golden brown on both sides and cooked to medium-rare doneness, 3 1/2 - 4 minutes per side. Remove the steaks to a large plate, and tent with foil.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan and heat until it begins to shimmer. Add the mushrooms and cook until golden brown and liquid has evaporated, about 8 minutes. Add the shallot and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and add the brandy. Return the pan to the heat and cook until the brandy is completely reduced. Add the broth and paprika, bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in 1/4 cup of the yogurt, pickles and parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the noodles to the sauce and toss to coat.
- Divide the noodles among four plates and top with a fillet. Top each fillet with the remaining yogurt (1 tablespoon per fillet) and sprinkle with more paprika and chopped parsley. Serve immediately.