1/1 Photo of Fillet of Beef (Beef Tenderloin Whole)
How to cook a whole or large piece of beef tenderloin. Note from UnknownChef86: This is a recipe I adopted in 2006.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- 2Place the beef on a sheet pan and pat the outside dry with a paper towel.
- 3Spread the butter on with your hands.
- 4Sprinkle evenly with the salt and pepper.
- 5Roast in the oven for exactly 22 minutes for rare and 25 minutes for medium-rare.
- 6Remove the beef from the oven, cover it tightly with aluminum foil, and allow it to rest at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- 7Remove the strings and slice the fillet thickly.
- 8Note: Be sure your oven is very clean or the high temperature will cause it to smoke.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fillet of Beef (Beef Tenderloin Whole)
Serving Size: 1 (5 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 27.6
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 872.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
filet of beef