Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
Owner/chef Ernie Bolleter of Ernie's Restaurant, is a native of Switzerland, where small lake fish are a standard in most restaurants. He says, "This recipe is a classic from Lake Geneva, and, it's delicious!" The prep time includes marinating time.
- In a medium bowl place the perch fillets and the beer.
- Soak them for 1 hour, and drain them well.
- Thoroughly coat the fish fillets in the flour.
- In a small skillet place the oil and heat it until it is very hot (almost smoking).
- Fry the fillets (3 or 4 at a time) for 3 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- In a large skillet place the butter and melt it on medium until it is foamy.
- Add the fish fillets and swirl them around until they are well coated.
- Place the fish fillets on a serving platter.
- Dribble the remaining butter over them.
- Sprinkle the parsley on top.
- Serve with the lemon wedges.