This recipe was featured recently on the Rachael Ray show. Rachael made this recipe with Daisy Martinez. This recipe can be made with chicken or fish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- flour, to dredge
- 4 chicken fillets (or use snapper or tilapia)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 large Spanish onion, sliced
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, cut into half-inch slices, lengthwise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large plum tomatoes, cut lengthwise into 8 wedges
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, pit removed and sliced
- 1Season the fillets with salt and pepper, and dredge in flour.
- 2Shake off any excess.
- 3Heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan over high heat.
- 4When the pan is hot, add the floured fillets and cook until golden on one side.
- 5Flip the fillets and cook until golden on the other side.
- 6Heat the 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a pan and add the onions, peppers and the garlic.
- 7Cook until fragrant, then add the tomatoes and the capers and heat through. Add the lime juice and cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Remove fillets to plate and top with vegetables.
- 9Garnish with a slice of avocado, if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fillet-A-La-Veracruzana
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.4
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 71.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: