Recipe by Lainey6605
This recipe was featured recently on the Rachael Ray show. Rachael made this recipe with Daisy Martinez. This recipe can be made with chicken or fish.
Top Review by GaylaV
This is excellent. The chicken is so juicy and tender. I loved that there were so many wonderful flavours all melding together to taste great. I didn't use tomatoes due to the salmonalla scare this week but I know they just would have made it even better. I had so many pots on the go that I took the nearly cooked chicken out of the frying pan and put it in a low temp. oven to stay warm and finish cooking. I added olive oil to the pan and cooked my veg in that pan. It worked fine and saved a pan. The beautiful avocado on top made me wish I was a picture taker!! Made for ZWT4. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
- flour, to dredge
- 4 chicken fillets (or use snapper or tilapia)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 large Spanish onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 large red bell pepper, cut into half-inch slices, lengthwise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large plum tomatoes, cut lengthwise into 8 wedges
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, pit removed and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the fillets with salt and pepper, and dredge in flour.
- Shake off any excess.
- Heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan over high heat.
- When the pan is hot, add the floured fillets and cook until golden on one side.
- Flip the fillets and cook until golden on the other side.
- Heat the 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a pan and add the onions, peppers and the garlic.
- Cook until fragrant, then add the tomatoes and the capers and heat through. Add the lime juice and cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove fillets to plate and top with vegetables.
- Garnish with a slice of avocado, if desired.