Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was featured recently on the Rachael Ray show. Rachael made this recipe with Daisy Martinez. This recipe can be made with chicken or fish.
- flour, to dredge
- 4 chicken fillets (or use snapper or tilapia)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 large Spanish onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 large red bell pepper, cut into half-inch slices, lengthwise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large plum tomatoes, cut lengthwise into 8 wedges
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, pit removed and sliced
- Season the fillets with salt and pepper, and dredge in flour.
- Shake off any excess.
- Heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan over high heat.
- When the pan is hot, add the floured fillets and cook until golden on one side.
- Flip the fillets and cook until golden on the other side.
- Heat the 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a pan and add the onions, peppers and the garlic.
- Cook until fragrant, then add the tomatoes and the capers and heat through. Add the lime juice and cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove fillets to plate and top with vegetables.
- Garnish with a slice of avocado, if desired.
This is excellent. The chicken is so juicy and tender. I loved that there were so many wonderful flavours all melding together to taste great. I didn't use tomatoes due to the salmonalla scare this week but I know they just would have made it even better. I had so many pots on the go that I took the nearly cooked chicken out of the frying pan and put it in a low temp. oven to stay warm and finish cooking. I added olive oil to the pan and cooked my veg in that pan. It worked fine and saved a pan. The beautiful avocado on top made me wish I was a picture taker!! Made for ZWT4. Thanks for sharing your recipe.