Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Based on a Martha Stewart Recipe, but I altered it (because I think this tastes better! haha) Bite size fresh strawberries filled with a sweet cream cheese mixture. I took these to a party and they were gone in minutes with tons of complements! :)
- Use a melon baller to scoop out the green leafy top of the strawberries, and use a paring knife to cut off the bottoms of the strawberries so that they stand up.
- Sprinkle brown sugar into the hollowed out strawberries, and allow it to sit.
- Mix together the cream cheese, confectioner’s sugar, and almond extract in a bowl. Vary the amount of sugar and almond extract to taste.
- Cut the corner off a ziplock bag, insert a piping tip, and fill with the cream cheese. Pipe the mixture into the strawberries. (or scoop it in there if you don't have decorating tips).
- If desired, sprinkle chocolate shavings on top.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Even better on graham crackers, but good as is too. For the graham cracker ones I split the strawberries in half and brown sugared them, then laid them on the cream cheese spread graham crackers.
Perfect for Valentine's Day, I served these for dessert! I think next time I may sprinkle the cheesecake filling with some graham crackers, for a truly 'cheesecake-y' taste. Mine made approx. 15 strawberries, but I may have been overly generous with the filling. But, they were wonderful, as is...Made for the Best of 2010 tag game. Thanks so much for sharing, miraclelove77.
Delicious and simple! I subbed marscapone cheese for the cream cheese and they tasted divine.