Recipe by Katha
Found this in a old recipe book. Made some changes. This is the result. Hubby made me take it to work so he would stop eating it.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups canola oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 loaf pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour,sugar,cinnamon& baking soda.
- Add oil, beaten eggs, food coloring& almond extract.
- Mix well.
- Drain strawberries,reserving 1/2 cup of juice for filling.
- Fold in the drained strawberries.
- Pour batter evenly in to prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of loaf comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes in pans.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese& reserved strawberry juice.
- Slice each loaf horizontally twice, to make 3 layers.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture between the layers& reassemble the loaves.
- Wrap loaves in plastic wrap, and chill in the refrigerator to set the filling.
- Slice& serve.