Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 mins
I think this is from a Pillsbury recipe clipping.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- chopped dates or candied fruit or raisins
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Mix brown sugar, shortening, egg, molasses and buttermilk.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cloves and nutmeg.
- Divide dough into 3 equal parts.
- Roll each part to a 1/16-inch thick on a floured surface.
- Cut into 2-inch rounds.
- Spoon 1/2 teaspoon marmalade onto half the rounds; cover with remaining rounds.
- Top each cookie with a piece of date.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until no indention remains when lightly touched.