1/5 Photos of Filled German Chocolate Cupcakes
Sandy in Houston's Note:
Calling these cupcakes is almost misleading. They're rich, decadent and almost sinful. Leave the other cupcakes for the kiddos and serve these to the adults.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml unsweetened dutch cocoa
- 3.69 ml baking powder
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 3.69 ml salt
- 177.44 ml whole milk
- 88.74 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- 177.44 ml boiling-hot water
- 198.44 g sweetened flaked coconut
- 236.59 ml coarsely chopped pecans
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°. Butter and flour a muffin tin.
- 2Make Filling: Place half of the coconut and the pecans on a baking sheet and toast in the oven until the coconut is evenly browned (about 8 minutes). Stir together toasted coconut and pecans with the remaining coconut and condensed milk; set aside.
- 3For Cupcakes: Sift together ALL dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- 4In a another large bowl, whisk together whole milk, butter, eggs, almond extract and water until combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture, and stir until just incorporated.
- 5Fill cupcake cups 3/4 full with the batter. Drop in 1-2 tablespoons of the coconut filling.
- 6Bake cupcakes for 15-18 minutes. After the cupcakes have baked, allow to cool for 5-10 minutes in the pan, then remove to a cooling rack.
- 7While the cupcakes are cooling, melt the chocolate. Once completely melted, slowly stir in the cream.
- 8Drop large spoonfuls of the icing on top of the cupcakes, and allow the chocolate to drip down the sides of the cupcakes. Either eat at once, or transfer to the refrigerator to allow the icing to set.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Filled German Chocolate Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (1880 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.2
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 48.3 mg
- Sodium 234.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 34.2 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: