Recipe by mersaydees
This is a hot sandwich based on Carole Handslip's recipe from her book, Step-by-Step 50 Great Sandwiches. I make these for either breakfast, brunch, or lunch.
Top Review by Muffin Goddess
I think this was the most luxurious breakfast I've ever eaten! Normally I like cheese on my egg sandwiches, but the heavy cream made cheese unnecessary. I used cold-smoked salmon and extra fresh dill because I love it. Definitely too rich for everyday, but perfect for an occasional treat. This would be a lovely addition to a brunch table. Thanks for posting! Made for The Honeys for ZWT8
- 2 croissants
- 4 tablespoons butter (original recipe calls for a "knob of butter")
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh dill, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice the croissants in half horizontally and warm in the oven for 5-6 minutes.
- Over low heat, melt the butter in a small pan.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the eggs to the pan and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cream and smoked salmon.
- Spoon the smoked salmon mixture into the warmed croissants and garnish.