This is a hot sandwich based on Carole Handslip's recipe from her book, Step-by-Step 50 Great Sandwiches. I make these for either breakfast, brunch, or lunch.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice the croissants in half horizontally and warm in the oven for 5-6 minutes.
- Over low heat, melt the butter in a small pan.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the eggs to the pan and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cream and smoked salmon.
- Spoon the smoked salmon mixture into the warmed croissants and garnish.