Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
You've got options here! Pick a flavor, or make a couple and freeze them! We use these as desserts sometimes, but usually they end up as breakfast. I figure they can't be any worse then doughnuts, and they have fruit in them. You could probably use any type of baking chips to vary the flavor, such as white chocolate or mint chocolate. I don't usually measure these, just dump it in, so these are approximate!
- 8 ounces refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
Cinnamon Nut Filling
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
Peanut Butter Filling
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter chips
- 1⁄2 cup pie filling, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons brewed coffee or 2 1⁄2 teaspoons milk or 2 1⁄2 teaspoons water or 2 1⁄2 teaspoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with Reynolds Release aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Mix filling ingredients together in a small bowl, if necessary.
- Unroll dough and divide into crescents. Divide filling and spoon it onto the wide ends of the crescents, spreading to within one inch of the point.
- Starting with the wide end, roll up each crescent loowly and shape into a half moon. Place one inch apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake rolls until golden, about 15 minutes. Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Mix up frosting with desired liquid. Drizzle over the warm rolls.
I made these for my sons birthday breakfast on Sunday (even though his bday was the 10th) and he really enjoyed! I made the peanut butter filling and the chocolate chip filling. The PB filling was definitely better. I used cream to make the icing. Thx for sharing!
These were great! I used Refrigerator Rolls and made them into crescents then used the cinnamon filling minus the nuts, peanut butter filling, and another with butterscotch chips. They were wonderful! Thank you, JESMom!
My DH loved these! I used cherry pie filling and orange juice with the glaze. Thanks so much! Made for the potluck party game.