Recipe by dogsandwoods
These home made noodles are stuffed with beef, boiled and then fried for the ultimate DH comfort food. Feel free to get creative with this recipe. The yield is a guess. As a course this recipe will serve more than if eaten as a meal (like guess who does!).
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 2 quarts boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cut into 1T pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the flour and salt in a mixing bowl. In a separate dish, beat the two eggs. Add most of the eggs to the flour and mix. If the dough is too dry to get rolled, add more egg.
- Roll dough, on floured surface, until it is about 1/8" thick.
- Cut into 2" squares.
- Put 1 teaspoons of ground beef into the squares.
- Moisten the edges of the squares with water. Fold squares and press down to seal.
- Gently boil the noodles until they float.
- Scoop of of water with a slotted spoon and drain.
- Brown in a pan of butter in batches, adding more butter as needed.
- Serve. DH likes them with catsup. Ick; I like them plain!
- NOTE: If you are having a tough time with the dough, feel free to put it back into the bowl, add a little flour, and moisten with water. Noodle dough is much easier to work when there is water in it, but that is not how the recipe was given to me by DH's aunt.
- SECOND NOTE: After boiling and draining well, these may be frozen to fry later.