Recipe by Da Huz
From "Tropical Island Cooking" by J. Aranas. A delicious sauce for fish, meat, vegetables, or rice. Note that the recipe calls for soy sauce... I have substituted fish sauce for a more savory version.
- 1 quart cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Place all ingredients in a baking pan and cover with foil. Bake 1 hour.
- Check to see if tomatoes have collapsed. If not, crush with a wooden spoon and bake another 15-30 minutes.
- The original recipe does not call for this, but you can food-process the sauce or work it with a mortar and pestle for a smoother, more sauce-like texture (I always do this).