Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fried Squid Rings
- 2 1⁄4 lbs medium sized squid
- 2 pieces eggs
- 1 cup plain flour (all-purpose)
- 1 cup oil
- 30 ml fresh lime juice (calamansi juice)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- mayonnaise, for dip
- Clean the Squid, remove the head, ink sacs and tentacles discarded, outer purple skin peeled off and do not cut squid open.
- Slice squid into ½ inch rings. Marinate in lime juice for about 25 minutes.
- beat eggs.
- Dip squid rings in eggs, then dredge in flour.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry squid rings in hot oil a few pieces at a time until they turn golden yellow, about 1 minute. Do not overcook as this will make the squid tough.
- Remove squid rings from the wok and drain on paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with Mayonnaise as an appetizer.