Recipe by chef1aB
This is just my version of the sweet potato shoots (talbos ng kamote) salad that is usually paired with rice and fried fish or pork.
- 118.29 ml grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 78.07 ml red onion, sliced
- 1 limes or 1 lemon, juice
- 1.23 ml limes or 1.23 ml lemon, zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 thai chili pepper, thinly sliced
- 7.39-14.79 ml fish sauce, to taste
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 709.77-946.36 ml sweet potatoes, shoots blanched, drained, and cooled
- 9.85-14.78 ml vegetable oil (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine tomatoes, red onions, lemon/lime juice, zest, garlic, chili pepper, fish sauce, salt, and pepper. Toss together. Allow it to marinate for 5-10 minutes.
- Combine the tomato and onion mixture with the blanched sweet potato shoots. Toss together. Adjust salt & seasoning to taste.
- Drizzle with oil.
- Serve with white rice and fried fish or pork.