Recipe by chef1aB
This is just my version of the sweet potato shoots (talbos ng kamote) salad that is usually paired with rice and fried fish or pork.
- 1⁄2 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 limes or 1 lemon, juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon limes or 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon, zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 thai chili pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon fish sauce, to taste
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 3 -4 cups sweet potatoes, shoots blanched, drained, and cooled
- 2 -3 teaspoons vegetable oil (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine tomatoes, red onions, lemon/lime juice, zest, garlic, chili pepper, fish sauce, salt, and pepper. Toss together. Allow it to marinate for 5-10 minutes.
- Combine the tomato and onion mixture with the blanched sweet potato shoots. Toss together. Adjust salt & seasoning to taste.
- Drizzle with oil.
- Serve with white rice and fried fish or pork.