1/1 Photo of Filipino Spicy Sweet Potato Shoots, Tomato, Onion Salad
This is just my version of the sweet potato shoots (talbos ng kamote) salad that is usually paired with rice and fried fish or pork.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/3 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 limes or 1 lemon, juice
- 1/4 teaspoon limes or 1/4 teaspoon lemon, zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 thai chili pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2-1 tablespoon fish sauce, to taste
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 3 -4 cups sweet potatoes, shoots blanched, drained, and cooled
- 2 -3 teaspoons vegetable oil (optional)
- 1Combine tomatoes, red onions, lemon/lime juice, zest, garlic, chili pepper, fish sauce, salt, and pepper. Toss together. Allow it to marinate for 5-10 minutes.
- 2Combine the tomato and onion mixture with the blanched sweet potato shoots. Toss together. Adjust salt & seasoning to taste.
- 3Drizzle with oil.
- 4Serve with white rice and fried fish or pork.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Filipino Spicy Sweet Potato Shoots, Tomato, Onion Salad
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.7
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 232.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: