1/1 Photo of Filipino Sinigang (Tamarind Soup)
1 hr 30 mins
Filipino Sinigang (Tamarind Soup)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs pork ribs, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 packet sinigang tamarind soup mix (found in international food section)
- 16 cups water
- 1 bok choy, chopped in 1 to 2 inch slices
- 1 daikon radish, chopped in thin round slices (optional)
- 1 small tomato, chopped fine (optional)
- 2 small potatoes, chopped in large chunks (optional)
- 1Saute ribs garlic onions and salt to taste until brown.
- 2In Separate large pot add water Sinigang tamarind soup packet (found in international food section) to taste I like the whole packet but less is more in this case if it is to sour for you.
- 3Remember you can eat this with rice.
- 4Then add the tomato and the pork, cook on medium heat for about 40 min and then add the potatoes cook for another 10 min and then add the Daikon Radish and the Bok choy cook about 10 more min.
- 5It is good if the meat easily comes away from the bone.
- 6You can eat this straight or over rice or both.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Filipino Sinigang (Tamarind Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (574 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.8
- Calories from Fat 311
- Total Fat 34.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 125.1 mg
- Sodium 137.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 33.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tamarind soup mix