Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
A popular street food in the Philippines
- 2 lbs pork, slices
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 sugar
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup carbonated lemon-lime beverage (7-up or Sprite)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 dash msg
- Cut pork meat into thin and long slices.
- In a mixing bowl, marinate the cut pork with the soy sauce, minced garlic, lemon juice, ground pepper, sugar, and the soda.
- Mix well and keep in the refrigerator overnight.
- String the pork on the skewers.
- Place in hot grill, grill approximately 4-5 minutes each side.
- With the leftover marinade, boil over high heat in a medium pot for about 10 minutes. Strain and serve over hot rice.
- Note: Skewers can also be cooked under the broiler in the oven.