Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
A popular street food in the Philippines
Make and share this Filipino Pork Barbecue recipe from Food.com.
- Cut pork meat into thin and long slices – 1/4 inches thick and less than 2 inches wide.
- In a mixing bowl, marinate the cut pork with the soy sauce, minced garlic, lemon juice, ground pepper, sugar, and the soda.
- Mix well and keep in the refrigerator overnight.
- Prepare the bamboo skewers by removing splinters and soaking in water for a few hours to reduce burning during barbecue.
- String the pork on the skewers.
- Over live charcoals, barbecue the pork on skewers until each barbecue is cooked – turning every few minutes on each side and basting the leftover marinate on the barbecue.
- Note: these can also be cooked under the broiler in the oven.