Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This version comes from a friend from the Philippines. I sometimes don't use the shrimp if I don't have it. Every cook has their own version of this dish. So let your taste be your guide.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 lb cooked shrimp (optional)
- 1 lb rice noodles, soak in water for 10 minutes (bihon or pancit)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 shallots, minced
- 1⁄2 medium napa cabbage, sliced fine
- 1 1⁄2 carrots, Matchstick (I buy already cut, small package)
- 1 cup green beans, cut diagonally Like French cut green beans
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Sauté garlic and shallots until soft.
- Add the chicken breast, salt, pepper & soy sauce. Sauté for a few minutes to lightly brown chicken.
- Add carrots, green beans & shrimp if using. Cover and cook for a few minutes then add Napa cabbage and chicken broth until it comes to a boil.
- Once the vegetables are all done, Add the bihon noodles mixing well to distribute the flavors.
- Cook for about 5 more minutes or until the noodles are soft. Taste and adjust seasonings to desired taste.