This version comes from a friend from the Philippines. I sometimes don't use the shrimp if I don't have it. Every cook has their own version of this dish. So let your taste be your guide.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 lb cooked shrimp (optional)
- 1 lb rice noodles, soak in water for 10 minutes (bihon or pancit)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 shallots, minced
- 1/2 medium napa cabbage, sliced fine
- 1 1/2 carrots, Matchstick (I buy already cut, small package)
- 1 cup green beans, cut diagonally Like French cut green beans
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1Heat oil in a large skillet. Sauté garlic and shallots until soft.
- 2Add the chicken breast, salt, pepper & soy sauce. Sauté for a few minutes to lightly brown chicken.
- 3Add carrots, green beans & shrimp if using. Cover and cook for a few minutes then add Napa cabbage and chicken broth until it comes to a boil.
- 4Once the vegetables are all done, Add the bihon noodles mixing well to distribute the flavors.
- 5Cook for about 5 more minutes or until the noodles are soft. Taste and adjust seasonings to desired taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Filipino Pancit Bihon
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.8
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 12.5 mg
- Sodium 1090.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 10.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: