I got this recipe from my mother when I moved out of the house, because I wanted to make filipino food that she used to cook for us so that I can cook them for my family and keep passing down the recipes. This is one of my favorites! My family absolutely loves it. Its definitely worth all the work done to make this dish.
- 1 (8 ounce) package rice noodles, bihon
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 1⁄16 teaspoon Accent seasoning (msg)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄8 cup cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup green onion (optional)
- lemon slice (optional)
- In a zip lock bag, marinade the cubed chicken with the teriyaki sauce and 2 cloves of minced garlic overnight.
- The next day, in a large bowl, soak the rice noodles in warm water for 15-30 minutes, drain completely.
- Drain the marinade off the chicken and discard the marinade.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil on medium high heat and brown the chicken, drain and set aside.
- In a large pot, heat 2 tablespoons of oil on medium high heat and sautee 3 cloves of minced garlic and accent for 30 seconds.
- Add the carrots and stir fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, onions, and 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and stir fry until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the chicken to the vegetables and continue stir frying.
- Now add the noodles to the pot with 1/8 cup of oil and 1/4 cup of soy sauce and mix very well.
- Keep cooking and mixing until the noodles are tender and cooked thoroughly.
- Serve with the green onions and/or lemon juice from the lemon slices.