1/7 Photos of Filipino Pancit
Air Force Mama's Note:
I got this recipe from my mother when I moved out of the house, because I wanted to make filipino food that she used to cook for us so that I can cook them for my family and keep passing down the recipes. This is one of my favorites! My family absolutely loves it. Its definitely worth all the work done to make this dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package rice noodles, bihon
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 1/16 teaspoon Accent seasoning (msg)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/8 cup cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup green onion (optional)
- lemon slice (optional)
- 1In a zip lock bag, marinade the cubed chicken with the teriyaki sauce and 2 cloves of minced garlic overnight.
- 2The next day, in a large bowl, soak the rice noodles in warm water for 15-30 minutes, drain completely.
- 3Drain the marinade off the chicken and discard the marinade.
- 4In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil on medium high heat and brown the chicken, drain and set aside.
- 5In a large pot, heat 2 tablespoons of oil on medium high heat and sautee 3 cloves of minced garlic and accent for 30 seconds.
- 6Add the carrots and stir fry for about 5 minutes.
- 7Add the cabbage, onions, and 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and stir fry until the vegetables are tender.
- 8Add the chicken to the vegetables and continue stir frying.
- 9Now add the noodles to the pot with 1/8 cup of oil and 1/4 cup of soy sauce and mix very well.
- 10Keep cooking and mixing until the noodles are tender and cooked thoroughly.
- 11Serve with the green onions and/or lemon juice from the lemon slices.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Filipino Pancit
Serving Size: 1 (374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 641.0
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 2842.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 31.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: