Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
I cut this from an Asian Food Magazine - "Flavours" Sept/Oct 05. I have modified it - you can include shredded chicken breast fillet steamed but I did not.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 200 g Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 200 g carrots, shredded
- 200 g cucumbers, shredded
- 500 g rice vermicelli, blanched in hot water and drained
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 50 g parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fried shallots (from Asian food stores)
- 3 limes, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in wok.
- Fry shallots and garlic until aromatic.
- Add cabbage, carrots and cucumber. Stir fry 1 minute.
- Add vermicelli and fry 1 minute.
- Add water.
- Season with soy sauce, salt and pepper.
- Stir fry two minutes.
- If adding cooked chicken do so now with the parsley.
- Dish up and sprinkle over fried shallots and serve with half a lime for each person.