Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very easy recipe, and not too sweet. Add a tablespoon of vinegar for a sweet and sour sauce. From Extending the Table.
- 1 cup broth or 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons soy sauce (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Mix together first 4 ingredients. Boil about 2 minutes.
- Dissolve cornstarch in 2 T. water and add to mixture.
- Cook over low heat, stirring continuously until thickened.
What a great all purpose sauce. Definitely used beef broth instead of water and I also sautéed one minced garlic clove in a tablespoon of olive oil. Just before the minced garlic turns a golden color, I added the broth and spices including seasoned rice vinegar . Thanks for the recipe.
So VERY easy, had all the ingredients on hand. Not too sweet, delicious!
This is a great general purpose sauce. We had it with egg rolls and it was wonderful. Will keep it on hand to use with other dishes. Made for ZWT 2008