Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My friend and I originally came up with this recipe for an online (Korean) cooking contest. Little did we know that we came up with a dish that’s easy yet worthy to be in any dinner table here in Asia or across the globe. A classic Filipino favorite spiced up with Korean ingredients. Truly a unique winner combo! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBlNLfJi-RA
- 250 g pork belly
- 150 g tofu, cubed
- 1⁄3 cup cabbage kimchi
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon korean red pepper paste
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon korean red pepper powder
- 1 piece green pepper, julienned
- toasted sesame seeds
- Sprinkle Korean red chili powder on both sides of the pork.
- In a medium sized saucepot/saucepan, put in the pork and pour in the soy sauce, water, vinegar, gochujang, kimchi juice & garlic.Cover. Do NOT mix.
- Cook over medium fire for about 25 to 30 minutes until the pork is cooked and the sauce is thickened. It should be simmering, NOT boiling.
- Uncover and put in the kimchi, sesame oil and tofu.
- Cover and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with steamed white rice.
- Actual cooking video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBlNLfJi-RA.