My friend and I originally came up with this recipe for an online (Korean) cooking contest. Little did we know that we came up with a dish that’s easy yet worthy to be in any dinner table here in Asia or across the globe. A classic Filipino favorite spiced up with Korean ingredients. Truly a unique winner combo! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBlNLfJi-RA
- Sprinkle Korean red chili powder on both sides of the pork.
- In a medium sized saucepot/saucepan, put in the pork and pour in the soy sauce, water, vinegar, gochujang, kimchi juice & garlic.Cover. Do NOT mix.
- Cook over medium fire for about 25 to 30 minutes until the pork is cooked and the sauce is thickened. It should be simmering, NOT boiling.
- Uncover and put in the kimchi, sesame oil and tofu.
- Cover and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with steamed white rice.
- Actual cooking video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBlNLfJi-RA.