Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Banana deep-fried in a coconut-based batter.
Make and share this Filipino Fried Banana recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add eggs, then slowly add coconut milk while stirring with a wooden spoon. Continue stirring until batter is smooth.
- Add sugar, ginger, and coconut, and mix. Then let batter sit for 30 minutes.
- When batter is ready, heat enough vegetable oil to fry in a heavy pot or a deep fryer. Add the coins from one banana to the batter. Work the banana coins to ensure they are well battered, then add them one at a time to the hot oil. Cook for about 3 minutes (until crispy and golden). Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- Repeat previous two steps until all 8 bananas have been battered and fried.
- Serve with ice cream.