Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Another recipe from "The Philippine Cookbook". Haven't tried it yet but am sure it's tasty! Serve with sticky rice.
- 3 lbs skinless trout fillets, cubed (or similar fish)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely minced
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt (original calls for 1 tablespoon!)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 small bay leaf (optional)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan, except oil.
- Marinate for one hour. (Traditional method is at room temperature, I put it in the refrigerator.).
- On stovetop, bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove fish and set aside.
- Boil sauce until reduced to half and set aside.
- Heat oil in frying pan and fry fish until browned.
- Pour sauce in with fish and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Serve hot with sticky rice.
finally!! i've got one so easy to cook without the use of oven.. I've no oven in my dorm.