Recipe by Elmotoo
I found this for the Zaar World Tour. It reminds me of my favorite dish at my favorite restaurant in Chinatown.
Top Review by Philip F.
I have never cooked eggplant before. I read the reviews and one said it was too salty, so I didn't put on the optional salt and used reduced sodium soy sauce. It turned out perfect! I love how it tastes - great recipe for a novice!
- 5 cups diced eggplants, cut in 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread eggplant on paper toweling and sprinkle with salt. Let drain for 30 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
- In a non-stick skillet, fry eggplant in oil until brown and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, simmer soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and pepper for 5 minutes.
- Add eggplant, cover and cook over low heat for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.