1/1 Photo of Filipino Corned Beef Hash over Rice
A dish that combines American canned corned beef and Spanish influenced "sofrito" (basic sauce) of garlic, onions, and tomatoes. This is a Filipino dish that is traditionally eaten any time of the day (breakfast, lunch, or dinner). It's very simple and comforting!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place corned beef in a bowl, pull it apart with a fork, and set aside.
- 2In a pan, on medium-low heat, sauté potatoes in oil for about 2 minutes, and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Add garlic, sauté for about 30 seconds.
- 4Add onion rings and sauté for a minute.
- 5Add the tomatoes and sauté for a minute.
- 6Throw in the corned beef and sauté with the other ingredients for 2 minutes.
- 7Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Set heat on low, pour in water, and let the mixture simmer for 2-3 minutes just until the potatoes are perfectly cooked, most of the water is absorbed, and the mixture is slightly moist.
- 9Serve over white rice.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Filipino Corned Beef Hash over Rice
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.7
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 66.6 mg
- Sodium 777.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 14.4 g