A dish that combines American canned corned beef and Spanish influenced "sofrito" (basic sauce) of garlic, onions, and tomatoes. This is a Filipino dish that is traditionally eaten any time of the day (breakfast, lunch, or dinner). It's very simple and comforting!
- Place corned beef in a bowl, pull it apart with a fork, and set aside.
- In a pan, on medium-low heat, sauté potatoes in oil for about 2 minutes, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add garlic, sauté for about 30 seconds.
- Add onion rings and sauté for a minute.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté for a minute.
- Throw in the corned beef and sauté with the other ingredients for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Set heat on low, pour in water, and let the mixture simmer for 2-3 minutes just until the potatoes are perfectly cooked, most of the water is absorbed, and the mixture is slightly moist.
- Serve over white rice.