Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another recipe from "The Philippine Cookbook". Pretty tasty. Can make with shelled mussels as well. Serve with sticky rice.
- 2 cups littleneck clams, shelled (fresh or canned)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt or patis
- In a 4-quart stockpot, boil shelled clams in garlic, vinegar, peppercorns and water. (Doesn't say for how long, fresh clams until done or precooked canned clams, 10 minutes?).
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Remove clams from broth.
- Fry clams in oil until browned.
- Place clams back into broth and simmer for 10 minutes. Add salt or patis to taste.
- Serve hot with sticky rice.