Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe has been modified according to the availability of the ingredients, it's very simple and really easy to make but will require overnight marinating.
- 1 roasting chicken, quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 4 stalks lemongrass, julienned
- 1 lemon, juice of, extracted
- 1 lime, juice of, extracted
- 1⁄4 cup annatto seeds, soaked in 1/4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup garlic butter, melted
- chili pepper flakes
- Combine the juices of lemon and lime, divide in 2 equal parts.
- Marinate chicken overnight in salt, pepper, garlic, lemon grass, half lime and lemon juice mixture.
- Mix marinade with the water that has been used to soak the annato seeds and margarine. Pour the mixture in a saucepan, bring to a rolling boil for 5 to 10 minutes. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper flakes if desired.
- Barbecue chicken over hot coals or grill brushing it with the prepared mixture, cook to desired doneness.
I love chicken inasal, and anything grilled Ilonggo style!