Pinaygourmet #345142's Note:
This recipe has been modified according to the availability of the ingredients, it's very simple and really easy to make but will require overnight marinating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 roasting chicken, quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 4 stalks lemongrass, julienned
- 1 lemon, juice of, extracted
- 1 lime, juice of, extracted
- 1/4 cup annatto seeds, soaked in 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup garlic butter, melted
- chili pepper flakes
- 1Combine the juices of lemon and lime, divide in 2 equal parts.
- 2Marinate chicken overnight in salt, pepper, garlic, lemon grass, half lime and lemon juice mixture.
- 3Mix marinade with the water that has been used to soak the annato seeds and margarine. Pour the mixture in a saucepan, bring to a rolling boil for 5 to 10 minutes. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper flakes if desired.
- 4Barbecue chicken over hot coals or grill brushing it with the prepared mixture, cook to desired doneness.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Filipino Chicken BBQ (Chicken Inasal)
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.2
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 53.4 mg
- Sodium 632.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 12.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: