Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is my Favorite Filipino dish. Everyone who tried it for the first time loves it.
Make and share this Filipino Chicken Adobo With Garlic recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1 head garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar (rice vinegar or white wine vinegar work best)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Put vinegar, bay leaves, pepper, soy sauce, onion and water in a saucepan. Cover and cook slowly about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the cooking oil in a large, heavy-bottomed frying pan. Peel the garlic, break the cloves into chunks, and brown them over medium-low heat (about 5 minutes).
- Add the chicken to the frypan and brown it over medium-high heat (about 5 minutes).
- Add the broth to the frypan and simmer, partly covered, until the chicken is done (about 30 minutes). Do not let it come to a boil.
- Remove the bay leaves and serve over rice. This dish is too strongly flavored to go well with wine; try serving it with beer.