1/1 Photo of Filipino Chicken Adobo Lovers
1 hr 30 mins
This one of my dear mother's dish recipes. She had some really good ones and this was one of my favorites. I love filipino foods. It's the traditional recipe for the Filipino Adobo, while the recipe calls for chicken, an equal amount of pork or combination of the two works perfectly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken wings
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced (I prefer to smash the cloves, which is more traditional)
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black peppercorns, cracked
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon Accent seasoning or 3/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- vegetable oil (for sauteing)
- water (to cover)
- 1Combine all ingredients in a stainless steel sauce pan.
- 2Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce heat to medium low.
- 3Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes or until the meat is very tender.
- 4Gently turn the meat occasionally during the course of cooking.
- 5Remove the meat from the sauce and pan-fry in a little oil until browned on all sides.
- 6Transfer to a serving platter or bowl and cover with sauce. Serve with warm steamed rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Filipino Chicken Adobo Lovers
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.6
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 145.6 mg
- Sodium 1031.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 36.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: