Recipe by SassyMom3
This one of my dear mother's dish recipes. She had some really good ones and this was one of my favorites. I love filipino foods. It's the traditional recipe for the Filipino Adobo, while the recipe calls for chicken, an equal amount of pork or combination of the two works perfectly.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken wings
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced (I prefer to smash the cloves, which is more traditional)
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black peppercorns, cracked
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Accent seasoning or 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- vegetable oil (for sauteing)
- water (to cover)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a stainless steel sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce heat to medium low.
- Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes or until the meat is very tender.
- Gently turn the meat occasionally during the course of cooking.
- Remove the meat from the sauce and pan-fry in a little oil until browned on all sides.
- Transfer to a serving platter or bowl and cover with sauce. Serve with warm steamed rice.