A sweet treat made of coconut and sweet rice flour. Recipe is from the cooking blog Panlasang Pinoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sweet rice flour (glutinous rice flour can be used as a substitute)
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups cooking oil
- 1In a mixing bowl, combine sweet rice flour, sweetened shredded coconut, and coconut milk. Mix well until a dough is formed.
- 2Scoop about a tablespoon and a half of the mixture then form into a ball shaped figure. Set aside.
- 3Heat a cooking pot then pour in cooking oil.
- 4Deep fry the mixture that were formed into balls in medium heat for 5 to7 minutes or until the color turns light to medium brown.
- 5Turn off heat and remove the balls from the cooking pot. Transfer the balls to a plate lined with paper towel. Set aside.
- 6Start making the coating by heating a saucepan and pouring the coconut milk inches Let the coconut milk boil then add the brown sugar and stir continuously until the mixture thickens. Turn off heat.
- 7Dip the fried balls into the coating then skewer, if desired.
Browse Our Top Coconut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Coconut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Filipino Carioca
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 803.5
- Calories from Fat 598
- Total Fat 66.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 49.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 35.5 g
- Protein 2.0 g