Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A sweet treat made of coconut and sweet rice flour. Recipe is from the cooking blog Panlasang Pinoy.
- 1 cup sweet rice flour (glutinous rice flour can be used as a substitute)
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- In a mixing bowl, combine sweet rice flour, sweetened shredded coconut, and coconut milk. Mix well until a dough is formed.
- Scoop about a tablespoon and a half of the mixture then form into a ball shaped figure. Set aside.
- Heat a cooking pot then pour in cooking oil.
- Deep fry the mixture that were formed into balls in medium heat for 5 to7 minutes or until the color turns light to medium brown.
- Turn off heat and remove the balls from the cooking pot. Transfer the balls to a plate lined with paper towel. Set aside.
- Start making the coating by heating a saucepan and pouring the coconut milk inches Let the coconut milk boil then add the brown sugar and stir continuously until the mixture thickens. Turn off heat.
- Dip the fried balls into the coating then skewer, if desired.