Recipe by Noni Suzanne
My mother-in-laws recipe, who is 100% Portuguese.
Top Review by Newbie Old Guy
This was my 1st time to make these and they turned out just OK. I'll make them again but will add another 1/2 cup of flour to thicken the mix. With this recipe as it is now, when the batter (not dough) was poured into the hot veggie oil it "fractured" and the result was a lot of wasted batter. I feel that if I thicken the mixture next time, they'll be better and more enjoyable. I'll re-rate them then too.
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring milk, butter and salt to boil. Remove from stove.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well.
- Drop by teaspoonful into hot oil.
- Fry until brown. They will turn by themselves and pop open (no oil will enter them).
- Shake in a bag with sugar to coat.