Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy to make pasta sauce. I have used this for years and always get complements. It is zesty but not overbearing. My son likes it so much he started making it himself!!
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 2 large onions, chopped fine
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 lbs Italian plum tomatoes, put through blender
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- In a large saucepan heat oil.
- add garlic and saute until it turns color.
- add onions and saute until they become opaque.
- add salt, basil, and oregano
- Add tomatoes and sugar
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for 30 minutes.
- for a stronger sauce add 4 tbs olive oil and Marsala wine.