- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into half inch slices
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup prosciutto, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 lb fresh gnocchi or 1 lb packaged gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Before slicing the pork remove the silver colored skin from the pork (the tough thin piece of fat that runs along the top of the pork).
- In a large frying pan saute the prosciutto, shallots, onions, sun-dried tomatoes and garlic in olive oil for 2 minutes. Add the sliced pork and saute for 5 minutes more.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the chicken broth and cream and cook until bubbly.
- Sprinkle in the chopped basil and parsley and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Cook the gnocchi following package directions. Drain and let them cool down, In a large frying pan saute the gnocchi in butter and 1 tbs of olive oil until lightly browned and a slightly crispy on the outside.
- Toss the gnocchi with the Parmesan cheese.
- Plate the pork tenderloin with the side of fried gnocchi or spoon the pork over the top of the gnocchi.