1/4 Photos of Filets, How to Do Filets (Or Other Steaks) in the Oven
This is a method, not a recipe. I posted this in answer to a forum request from Bobbie #3. She was pleased with the way it worked and suggested the method might be a help to others. I have no clue as to where I picked up these directions. NOTE: Zaar insists on an ingredients list. Please disregard and just do your own thing. This is a METHOD, not a recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 steaks
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper
- other seasoning, to your taste
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In a medium skillet, heat the canola oil until it is very hot.
- 3A cast iron frying pan, if you have one, works particularly well.
- 4Season the filets with salt and pepper on both sides.
- 5Sauté the filets briefly on each side in the hot oil, about 1 minute per side. Just get them nice and brown.
- 6Place the pan with the filets directly into the oven and roast for about 5-7 minutes for medium rare.
- 7Type of steak, oil, seasonings and degree of doneness are all up to your individual taste.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Filets, How to Do Filets (Or Other Steaks) in the Oven
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.1
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 79.0 mg
- Sodium 61.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 29.4 g