1/1 Photo of Filetes De Chillo in Salsa (Puerto Rican Fish Fillets)
Fish baked in beer and served with a stovetop sauce. Chillo is a local Puerto Rican fish, but you can use whatever is available to you. From the Complete Caribbean Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Place fish in a single layer in a baking dish and dot with butter.
- 3Add beer, lime juice, and 1 clove garlic.
- 4Bake 30 minutes, basting occasionally.
- 5Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet over high heat.
- 6Add onion, remaining garlic, oregano and bell pepper. Saute until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- 7Add remaining ingredients to pan and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- 8When fish is done, remove from oven and place in sauce. Cook over medium-low heat until fish is heated through and flavored with the sauce.
Browse Our Top Puerto Rican Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puerto Rican Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Filetes De Chillo in Salsa (Puerto Rican Fish Fillets)
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.9
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 104.9 mg
- Sodium 223.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 42.4 g