Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Fish baked in beer and served with a stovetop sauce. Chillo is a local Puerto Rican fish, but you can use whatever is available to you. From the Complete Caribbean Cookbook.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place fish in a single layer in a baking dish and dot with butter.
- Add beer, lime juice, and 1 clove garlic.
- Bake 30 minutes, basting occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet over high heat.
- Add onion, remaining garlic, oregano and bell pepper. Saute until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients to pan and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- When fish is done, remove from oven and place in sauce. Cook over medium-low heat until fish is heated through and flavored with the sauce.
Very flavorful fillets. Something I usually don't often have, but we really enjoyed these. Made for a nice Sunday dinner. The juices from these were a winner too. Made for 1-2-3 hits.
This was very good. I didn't bake the fish as long, but left it in the sauce a bit longer to absorb the flavors. I finished it off with some sea salt and had a wonderful dinner! Thanks for sharing!