Recipe by Bergy
This has a lovely presentation, especially if you have the parcels sealed before your guests arrive and then when they open them the red tomato, green spinach and the white fish. Add additionasl spices that you may like
Top Review by Frobie
This was fantastic! I had some sole to use up and I found this recipe. I used jar minced garlic - and used about 1.5 tsp per packet (I LOVE garlic) and also added in a half a green pepper I had in the fridge. I topped the tomato layer with the salt and pepper as well as a pinch of dill and marjoram. This was a real treat, and healthy to boot!
- 12 cups spinach, washed, stems removed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt & pepper
- 1 lb fillet of sole
- 1 medium sweet onion, minced
- 4 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, minced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the fresh washed spinach in a pot with a lid with the water still clinging to it (you do not need additional water).
- Steam until just wilted, approx 4 minutes,drain well, cool enough to handle.
- Heat oven to 400F degrees.
- Tear off 4 pieces of parchment paper or tin foil about 12"x 18".
- Place the paper on your counter and put 1/4 of the spinach on each, in the center. Cover with onion, jalapeno and the garlic.
- Place a filet on each and cover with a sliced tomatoe.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Seal the packages and place on a baking sheet or a baking stone.
- Bake for apprx 12- 15 minutes.
- Test one pkg to see that the fish is done. The package will be puffed out a bit when done.
- Transfer to individual plates and let each person open their own surprise package.