Recipe by evelyn/athens
A delicious beef filet recipe with a wonderful sauce. Fast, easy and impressive.
Top Review by Rita~
Fancy entertaining! So very good and rich! I tasted the sauce before adding the cream Thinking a dab of butter would just finish this off great. The cream did make it very rich for those special occasions. For the brandy I used Harveys Bristol Cream Sherry. So yummy.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (8 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, 1 ¼ inch thick
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in heavy, cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add steaks and cook to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for rare.
- Add mustard, Worcestershire Sauce and shallot to skillet.
- Season with pepper.
- Add brandy and ignite.
- When flames subside, return to heat.
- (or just cook down a couple of minutes) Transfer steaks to plates.
- Add cream to skillet and boil until reduced to thin sauce consistency, about 2 minutes.
- Pour over steaks and serve.