Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
A delicious beef filet recipe with a wonderful sauce. Fast, easy and impressive.
Make and share this Filet of Beef with Mustard-Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (8 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, 1 ¼ inch thick
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- Melt butter in heavy, cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add steaks and cook to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for rare.
- Add mustard, Worcestershire Sauce and shallot to skillet.
- Season with pepper.
- Add brandy and ignite.
- When flames subside, return to heat.
- (or just cook down a couple of minutes) Transfer steaks to plates.
- Add cream to skillet and boil until reduced to thin sauce consistency, about 2 minutes.
- Pour over steaks and serve.
Fancy entertaining! So very good and rich! I tasted the sauce before adding the cream Thinking a dab of butter would just finish this off great. The cream did make it very rich for those special occasions. For the brandy I used Harveys Bristol Cream Sherry. So yummy.
I made this using one large T-bone steak, but I omitted using the brandy, as I didn't want to take a chance causing a fire lol! but used all other ingredients, also added in garlic. DH enjoyed this for lunch, thanks Ev!...Kitten
i made this last night and it was absoloutely delicious; i didnt have shallots, so substituted with some regular chopped onions, I even managed not to singe my eyebrows when i ignited the brandy..that was the fun part of this recipe!