DH and I made this recipe for lunch today and thought it was good for a fast and easy to prepare meal. It is from my Williams-Sonoma "Steak and Chops" cookbook. Instead of cooking the steak in a pan as posted, we grilled ours. DH usually adds a small bit of steak fat to the pan he's cooking the sauce in to give it flavor. We used white truffle oil, as the recipe does not specify white or black.
- Sprinkle steaks generously with salt and pepper.
- Coat the bottom of a large, heavy frying pan with olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the steaks and cook to the desired doneness, 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a platter and let rest, tented loosely with aluminum foil, while you make the sauce.
- In the same pan over medium-high heat, add the vinegar and deglaze by scraping up any browned bits from the bottom. Cook until slightly reduced and thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Whisk in the butter to form a smooth sauce.
- To serve, transfer the steaks to individual plates, top with the sauce, and drizzle with a small amount of truffle oil.