1/1 Photo of Filet Mignons With Balsamic Pan Sauce and Truffle Oil
Dr. Jenny's Note:
DH and I made this recipe for lunch today and thought it was good for a fast and easy to prepare meal. It is from my Williams-Sonoma "Steak and Chops" cookbook. Instead of cooking the steak in a pan as posted, we grilled ours. DH usually adds a small bit of steak fat to the pan he's cooking the sauce in to give it flavor. We used white truffle oil, as the recipe does not specify white or black.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle steaks generously with salt and pepper.
- 2Coat the bottom of a large, heavy frying pan with olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the steaks and cook to the desired doneness, 3-5 minutes on each side.
- 3Transfer to a platter and let rest, tented loosely with aluminum foil, while you make the sauce.
- 4In the same pan over medium-high heat, add the vinegar and deglaze by scraping up any browned bits from the bottom. Cook until slightly reduced and thickened, about 3 minutes.
- 5Remove from the heat. Whisk in the butter to form a smooth sauce.
- 6To serve, transfer the steaks to individual plates, top with the sauce, and drizzle with a small amount of truffle oil.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Filet Mignons With Balsamic Pan Sauce and Truffle Oil
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.7
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 4.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
filet mignon steaks