Recipe by chia
what a wonderful meal that is so easy to prepare. i love this served with new potatoes and a salad.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 cup shallot
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lb Baby Spinach
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks, 1 inch
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oil in saucepan, add shallots and cook for 3 minutes.
- add stock, wine and brandy, reduce until thickened, 5 minutes.
- add cream, reduce until 3/4 c, set sauce aside melt butter in skillet, add garlic, saute 1 minute.
- add spinach, cook until wilted, tossing, about 2 minutes, set aside in another skillet heat oil, add tenderloins and cook until med rare, about 5 mins per side (i like mine cooked longer).
- divide spinach between 4 plates, top each with a filet.
- add sauce back to pan, stir in mustard and tarragon, add salt& pepper to taste, pour over steaks.