what a wonderful meal that is so easy to prepare. i love this served with new potatoes and a salad.
Make and share this filet mignon with tarragon recipe from Food.com.
- heat oil in saucepan, add shallots and cook for 3 minutes.
- add stock, wine and brandy, reduce until thickened, 5 minutes.
- add cream, reduce until 3/4 c, set sauce aside melt butter in skillet, add garlic, saute 1 minute.
- add spinach, cook until wilted, tossing, about 2 minutes, set aside in another skillet heat oil, add tenderloins and cook until med rare, about 5 mins per side (i like mine cooked longer).
- divide spinach between 4 plates, top each with a filet.
- add sauce back to pan, stir in mustard and tarragon, add salt& pepper to taste, pour over steaks.
Excellent, I used concentrated beef stock from a jar and used a bit more cream when I did the final taste check, lovely sauce and I loved the spinach that went with the dish.
Very easy and very good. I served it to company and they were most impressed. I shared the recipe and they were even more impressed since the dish appears to be much more complicated.
I thought that this was a simple, very tasty sauce. I must say that I find it difficult to find the reviews useful when someone has changed every ingredient in a recipe. A few minor changes is quite different than omitting half of the ingredients and changing the others. How can you rate it that way?