Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Nice creole-inspired sauce with a unique coffee twist. Note: you can use an equal amount of prepared coffee (I use espresso) rather than the water and instant coffee.
- 4 (4 ounce) filet mignon
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Combine water, bourbon, sugar, bouillon, and instant coffee.
- Sprinkle pepper and salt over both sides of steaks.
- Grill or cook steaks as desired. (Easiest in coated pan over medium-high heat. Cook as desired or a maximum of 2 mins on each side.).
- Transfer steaks to a platter, cover and keep warm.
- Add bourbon mixture to pan (use the pan used for the steaks, if possible).
- Cook over medium-high heat until mixture has reduced to 1/4 cup (about 3 minutes).
- Serve sauce over beef.
- Sprinkle with parsley.