1/1 Photo of Filet Mignon With Stroganov Sauce
Gourmet November 2006
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 medium onion, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks, 1 1/4-inch-thick (filets mignons)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb sliced white mushroom
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1Cook noodles in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water until just tender.
- 2Drain in a colander.
- 3Meanwhile, thinly slice onion using slicer.
- 4Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking.
- 5While oil heats, pat steaks dry.
- 6Sprinkle 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper on steaks, then add to skillet and sauté, turning over once with tongs, about 6 minutes total for medium-rare.
- 7Transfer to a plate with tongs.
- 8Add onion, garlic, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper to oil in skillet and sauté, scraping up any brown bits with a wooden spoon, until onion begins to brown, about 3 minutes.
- 9Add mushrooms and sauté, stirring occasionally, until liquid given off by mushrooms is evaporated, about 4 minutes.
- 10Add brandy and boil until evaporated, about 1 minute.
- 11Add broth and Worcestershire sauce, then cover and cook until onion is softened, about 4 minutes.
- 12Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- 13Toss noodles with some of sauce and serve remaining sauce over steaks.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Filet Mignon With Stroganov Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.5
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 54.8 mg
- Sodium 846.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium beef broth