Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Cooking Light.
- 4 (4 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed (1 inch thick)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups presliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper.
- Melt 1 tsp butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add beef to pan; cook 3 1/2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Remove beef from pan; keep warm.
- Melt remaining 1 tsp butter in pan.
- Add mushrooms, shallots, and garlic to pan; saute 3 minutes.
- Stir in broth and sherry.
- Combine cornstarch and 2 tsp water in a bowl, stirring until smooth.
- Add cornstarch mixture to pan; bring to a boil.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.