Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
I don't remember where this recipe came from, but we love it. Especially in the summer when we have the grill going.
- 2⁄3 cup puerto rican dark rum
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Combine half of rum, shallots, lime juice and pepper in shallow dish.
- Add steaks.
- Marinate 30 TO 60 minutes, turning once.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Heat remaining rum, shallots, lime juice and pepper in small pan on preheated outdoor grill.
- Stir in butter a small piece at a time.
- Stir in parsley.
- Brush steaks with half of rum butter and grill 8 to 10 minutes.
- Turn and brush with remaining rum butter.
- Grill another 8 minutes or until desired doneness.
Great flavours in this marinade, I used Black Heart rum and cooked the steaks 5 mins each side to our liking, thanks for posting.
This was the BEST steak I've ever cooked! I had to improvise with the ingredients, some of the items I just didn't have handy, used dried onions instead of shallots, cayenne pepper instead of red pepper flakes and New York Strip steak rather than tenderloin. The steak leaves a delightful taste in your mouth, with a slow burn(not too hot or spicey) Will enjoy this recipe often, Thank you very much!
Delicious...the steak was extra tender and full of flavor...very easy recipe...thanks for posting the recipe...