Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
I don't remember where this recipe came from, but we love it. Especially in the summer when we have the grill going.
- 2⁄3 cup puerto rican dark rum
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Combine half of rum, shallots, lime juice and pepper in shallow dish.
- Add steaks.
- Marinate 30 TO 60 minutes, turning once.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Heat remaining rum, shallots, lime juice and pepper in small pan on preheated outdoor grill.
- Stir in butter a small piece at a time.
- Stir in parsley.
- Brush steaks with half of rum butter and grill 8 to 10 minutes.
- Turn and brush with remaining rum butter.
- Grill another 8 minutes or until desired doneness.
Great flavours in this marinade, I used Black Heart rum and cooked the steaks 5 mins each side to our liking, thanks for posting.
This was the BEST steak I've ever cooked! I had to improvise with the ingredients, some of the items I just didn't have handy, used dried onions instead of shallots, cayenne pepper instead of red pepper flakes and New York Strip steak rather than tenderloin. The steak leaves a delightful taste in your mouth, with a slow burn(not too hot or spicey) Will enjoy this recipe often, Thank you very much!
This was good, but don't use dried onions in place of shallots unless you really like oniony flavor. Eh, it was pretty good. It smelled great, and tasted good too.