Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from the Snake River Grill in Jackson, WY. It sounds wonderful - especially because you can prepare the sauce one day before.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add shallots, peppercorns and thyme and saute mixture until shallots are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups red wine.
- Increase heat and boil until liquid is reduced to 1 cup, about 20 minutes.
- Strain sauce and return to same saucepan.
- Add 1/2 cup whipping cream and boil until reduced to sauce consistency, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in horseradish.
- Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to simmer before using).
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler.