This is from the Snake River Grill in Jackson, WY. It sounds wonderful - especially because you can prepare the sauce one day before.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt 1 tablespoon butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add shallots, peppercorns and thyme and saute mixture until shallots are tender, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add 2 cups red wine.
- 4Increase heat and boil until liquid is reduced to 1 cup, about 20 minutes.
- 5Strain sauce and return to same saucepan.
- 6Add 1/2 cup whipping cream and boil until reduced to sauce consistency, about 7 minutes.
- 7Stir in horseradish.
- 8Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- 9(Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to simmer before using).
- 10Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Filet Mignon With Red Wine-Horseradish Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.1
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 48.3 mg
- Sodium 53.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: