Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is from the Snake River Grill in Jackson, WY. It sounds wonderful - especially because you can prepare the sauce one day before.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 4 filet mignon, 1-inch thick
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add shallots, peppercorns and thyme and saute mixture until shallots are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups red wine.
- Increase heat and boil until liquid is reduced to 1 cup, about 20 minutes.
- Strain sauce and return to same saucepan.
- Add 1/2 cup whipping cream and boil until reduced to sauce consistency, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in horseradish.
- Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to simmer before using).
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler.
I thought it turned out really good!
Very rich and tasty. The sauce is the perfect accompaniment to the simple grilled filet mignon. I will be making this again. Made for Football Tag.