Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large portabella mushrooms, halved and sliced
- 8 green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon beef broth
- 2 tablespoons madeira wine or 2 tablespoons port wine
- Trim fat from steaks.
- Rub both sides of steaks with oil and pepper.
- Grill steaks over medium heat to desired doneness, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook and stir mushrooms and onions in hot margarine over medium heat about 5 minutes or until vegetable are tender.
- Stir in broth and wine.
- Bring to boiling.
- Remove from heat.
- Thinly slice steaks diagonally and serve with sauce.
Very good reciepe. Easy to make, and good instructions. Sauce had a great flavor.